Mutton masala is cooked with goat meat in exotic spice gravy. This hyderabadi mutton masala recipe is a wonderful dish and is full of gravy as the curry requires onions, tomatoes ,dry coconut paste,ginger garlic paste and other exotic spices , .
- Mutton (goat meat, pressure cooked) 1/2 kg
- Onion thinly sliced 1 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes finely chopped 1 cup
- Gram masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Dry coconut (grated and roasted) 1 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 2 teaspoon
- Kasuri methi 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder/masala mirchi 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Mint leaves 1 cup
- Coriander leaves 1/4th cup
- Oil 4 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Clean and wash mutton pieces. Drain water and pressure cook for 3 whistles by adding salt and turmeric powder and set aside.
- Make a fine paste of roasted coconut and coriander leaves and set aside.
- Heat the oil in heavy sauce pan, add thinly sliced onions and saute till golden brown color.
- Now add mint leaves , kasuri methi and saute for few seconds.
- Next add fine paste of ginger garlic mix well.
- Now add tomato and saute till tomatoes become soft.
- Then add red chili powder ,turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add coconut paste , mix well cook covered on low flame until oil separates from masala.
- Finally add pressure cooked mutton pieces along with its stock, cook covered for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Serve hot with chapati, naan.
- Enjoy with your family and friends.