- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time:20 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
Matar paneer is one of the most popular paneer recipe from north India. Matar paneer is delicious combination of soft paneer and healthy green peas in a mild spicy tomato based gravy, is a treat to taste buds at anytime.
- Paneer (Cut in to cubes) 250 grams
- Green peas (frozen) 1 cup
- Onion( finely chopped) 1 cup
- Tomato (finely chopped) 2 cups
- Ginger garlic paste 2 teaspoon
- Kashmiri chili powder 2 teaspoon
- Hot chili powder/ masala mirchi 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 2 teaspoon
- Honey 1 teaspoon
- Heavy cream 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Add oil to heated pan, then add finely chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few minutes , and add tomatoes mix well and cook covered until tomatoes are soft.
- Now add coriander powder turmeric powder, Kashmiri and hot chili powder, half of garam masala powder salt to taste, mix well and allow to cook for few more minutes.
- Now add 1 cup of water mix well and keep cooking.
- Add green peas mix well and cook covered until green peas are soft and tender.
- Lower the heat and add heavy cream and honey mix well.
- Finally add paneer cubes remaining amount of garam masala powder and mix well and cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati and dal fry .
- Enjoy with your family.
Very easy to make !!!