Rich in fiber and nutritious packed dosa with brown rice ,urad dal and lots of oats is perfect to start a day as breakfast or as an evening snack.Enjoy this healthy dosa with your family and friends.
- Instant Oats 3 cups
- Brown rice/ Rice 1 cup
- Urad daal 1 cup
- Fenugreek /Methi Seeds (soaked over night) 1 tsp
- Salt 2 tsp or to taste
- Oil for pan frying
- 1.5 cups to grind the Rice and Daal
- 2.5 cups to soak and grind the Oat
- Wash and soak the rice in an required amount of water, along with the fenugreek seeds /methi seeds for about 10 to 12 hours.
- One hour prior to grinding, soak the oats in 2.5 cups water and set aside.
- At the same time, wash and soak the urad daal in required amount of water water and set aside.
- Drain the water out from rice and the fenugreek seeds and grind with 1 cup of water.
- To that add drained daal and grind. You may need to add 1/2 cup of water to help grind well.
- Grind till the batter is smooth and pour into a big pot/pan with lots of room to grow in case of excess fermenting.
- Next grind the Oats along with the water it has been soaking in.
- Pour into the dish that has the rice and daal batter.
- Mix the batter very well, preferably in one direction.
- Cover the dish and store in a warm place to allow it to ferment.
- If its warm weather at your place , just set it aside and allow it to ferment for about 8 hours and not more than 10 hours.
- If its cool weather at your place ,then warm up your oven to the lowest temperature. Turn it off and then place the batter in there. Allow it to ferment for about 8 hours and not more than 10 hours.
- After 8 hours, take the batter and put it in an refrigerator.
- Add Salt to the batter and mix well.
- Check the dosa consistency, and add very little water if you feel like.
- Heat the tawa or the skillet on medium-high and allow it to heat up really well.
- Once hot, season the tawa with a few drops of oil, smear it and wipe off.
- With a ladle/bowl, pour batter in the center and in a circular motion spread it going outwards till all the batter has spread.
- Allow it to cook on the bottom side on medium flame.
- When there are no wet-spots on the top side, sprinkle a few drops of oil and allow it to cook.
- Once the bottom side is done, this will take only about 2-3 minutes, loosen the edges of the dosa and fold it .
- Take it off the tawa and serve hot with coconut or peanut chutney.