Moong dal halwa recipe: Moong dal halwa is an addictive and delicious halwa variety made from mung lentils and ghee (clarified butter). it is a popular and rich halwa recipe from north India. Moong dal halwa is delicious and one of the sweets you cannot stop eating. but making this halwa takes a lot of time and effort. So make this halwa on a day when you have plenty of time, patience and energy.
- Mung dal 1/2 cup
- Grated jagerry (gud)/brown sugar/white sugar 1/2 cup
- Rava/soji 2 teaspoons
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Ghee 1/2 cup
- Cardamum powder 1 teaspoon
- Sliced dry fruits
- Take mung dal in a bowl and wash it with water and soak it for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain the water and transfer the soaked dal to grinder jar and coarsely grind and set aside.
- Add ghee in large wide hot pan.
- Then add semolina/ rava/soji and roast for few seconds.
- Next add coarsely gridded paste of mung dal.
- Keep roast on low flame for 5-10 minutes.
- Now add milk and mix it well .
- Then add jagerry/brown sugar/white sugar and mix it well.
- Keep cooking and mixing till all the milk is dried up.
- Add half of the sliced dry fruit and give it a mix.
- Mung dal ka halwa is ready.
- Serve hot by garnishing with sliced dry fruits.