- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Freezing Time: 3 to 12 hours
Ingredients for Icing:
- Powdered sugar 1 pound
- Butter 1/2 cup
- Vegetable shortening 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
Ingredients for decoration:
- Printout/hand made drawing of mickey mouse face as per cake size
- Parchment paper/butter paper (cut in to round shape)
- Pipping bags 4
- Coupplers 4
- Tip #3,Tip #27, tip #16
- Tinted black icing 1 cup
- Tinted red icing 1 cup
- Tinted light bronze color 1 cup
- White icing 1 cup
Procedure for making Icing:
- In large mixing bowl cream together butter, vegetable shortening, vanilla essence, and milk with electric beater.
- Now add sifted powdered sugar to the cream mixture , and mix well with electric hand mixer.
- once the sugar mixed with cream mixture, beat the whole mixture on high speed for 5 to 6 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Icing is ready.
5-Divide the icing in four equal parts and tint each with required colors(black,red,light bronze).Fill all four icing in pipping bags and set aside.
6-Now take a printout or hand made drawing of mickey mouse face .
7 -place parchment paper over it and stick the tape on top and bottom in such a way you can see the image very clearly.
8-Out line the mickey’s face with black icing.
9.Fill black icing in ears and on some parts of face.
10-Fill black icing in Pupils.
11-Pipe-in red icing in tongue .
12- pipe-in whites of eyes with white icing.
13-Pipe in black icing in mouth and nose.
14- Pipe in light bronze color in face.
15-Cover mickey mouse face with white icing with tip#27.
16- keep it in freezer at least for about 3 to 4 hours/ over night.
17-Transfer it to the frosted cake.
18-Take out the butter paper slowly.
19-Pipe in the shell border on top edge and bottom edge of cake.
20-Mickey mouse cake is ready.