- Preparation Time: 5 to 10 minutes
- Cooking Time:20 to 30 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
Burfi is dense milk based sweet, a type of mithai .There are so many varieties of burfi which includes kaju burfi,pista burfi,besan burfi,mango burfi. I am going to show you how to make mango burfi with very commonly available ingredients.As it a season of mango ,i have made this with fresh mangoes, you can also use mango pulp.mango burfi can be made by mixing mango puree with milk khoa,and sugar.if you dont have milk powder and khoa u can use grated paneer as substitute.
- Fresh mango ( sliced and pureed) 3 medium sized
- Khoa /milk powder/grated paneer 100 grams
- Whole milk 3/4 cup
- Granulated sugar 1/2 cup
- Ghee 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom /ilaichi powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Almonds ,cashew nuts,pistachio (thinly sliced ) 1/2 cup
- In a wide frying pan ,add mango puree and allow to cook on medium flame until it starts bubble ,thick and reduce to half ( cook approximately about 10 minutes).
- Now add whole milk,grated khoa,and sugar mix well.
- Allow to cook on medium heat for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the mixture start separating from sides.
- Add ghee mix well,keep stirring and cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Then add cardamom powder mix well keep stirring and cooking for few more minutes.
- Sprinkle dry fruits mix well and keep stirring and cooking for few more minutes (take small portion of mixture (be care full its too hot) try to make small ball) if mixture is still sticky cook for few more minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to Greeced pan ,and spread well.
- Garnish with dry fruits and press gently .
- Set aside at room temperature for about 6 to 8 hours to set.
- Cut into desired size and shapes and serve .
- Stay good at room temperature for 3 to 4 days,refrigerate the left over in air tight box.