Instant rava/soji appe is quick and easy batter of soji, all purpose flour, and little bit of gram flour with onion , green chili and cilantro yield to mouth watering instant rava appam . Instant rava appam is scrumptious south Indian breakfast and is made in special equipment called appe mould.
- Rava/Soji -2 1/2 cups
- Yogurt-1 cup
- All purpose flour- 1/2 cup
- Gram Flour- 1 tablespoon
- Finely chopped onion- 1 cup
- Finely chopped green chili- 4-5
- Finely chopped cilantro- 1/2 cup
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil as needed
- In a large bowl add all the dry ingredients( rava, all purpose flour and gram flour) mix it well.
- Then add yogurt, baking soda and salt to taste.
- Mix well and set aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add finely chopped onion, green chili and cilantro mix it well.
- Heat the appe mould on medium gas and then grease the mould with oil.
- Now add the batter with spoon and cook covered till its done on one side.
- Then flip them with spoon and let it cook for few more minutes.
- Serve hot with sambar and coc0nut chutney.