Tandoori chicken is a traditional Indian dish full of bold and spicy flavors! A 6-12 hours of marinade and a few minutes on the grill will deliver this tasty dish. Traditionally, tandoori chicken is made in a tandoori clay oven. However this dish can be made on the grill, grilling pan and I promise it’s just as good as clay oven. Technically you can bake it too but I think the flavor from the grill helps give it that rustic touch that you’d get in an authentic restaurant.
Ingredients For First Marinade
- Chicken quarters 4
- Kashmiri red chili powder 2 teaspoon
- red hot chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
Ingredients For Second Marinade
- Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Garam masala 2 teaspoons
- Jeera powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Chaat masala 1 teaspoon
- kashmiri chili powder 2 teaspoons
- Red hot chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste 2 teaspoon (optional)
- Cooking oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
Instructions For First Marinade:
- Clean ,wash and dry the chicken leg quarters and put them in wide mixing bowl.
- Add kashmiri chili powder, hot chili powder, turmeric powder lemon juice and salt to taste to the chicken quarters.
- rub all the ingredients on chicken quarters nicely.
- Set aside for at least 20-30 minutes.
Instructions For Second Marinade:
- Hang the yogurt in muslin cloth for 1 hour, and set aside.
- Now add the hung yogurt to wide mixing bowl.
- Add garam masala powder ,jeera powder, chaat powder, kashmiri chili powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste (optional), oil salt to taste and mix all the ingredients well.
- Take one leg quarter at a time and rub the masala nicely and set aside, do the same procedure for rest of the leg quarters and arrange them in a box or bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12-24 hors.
Instructions For Grilling:
- Heat the grilling pan , once the pan is hot enough grease the pan with oil.
- Put the marinated leg quarters in a hot greased grilling pan and cook covered on medium/low flame until done on one side , it roughly takes around 10-15 minutes.
- Turn over the leg quarters and grill on the other side until done.
- Transfer the grilled chicken to pre decorated serving plate, garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with naan.