- Preparation Time:1 to 2 hours
- Cooking Time:40 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
Puffs are usually made of chicken,meat,paneer,egg,potatoes which are rolled in an pastry dough.You can also make sweet puffs by adding sweet fillings like caramelized fruits like apple,blueberry,raspberry with some walnuts and almonds. Today i will show you ,how to make chicken mince puffs.Chicken puff pastry is a great appetizer for parties, and can be made by following few simple and easy steps.
For Puff Dough:
- All purpose flour/wheat pastry flour 250 grams
- Dry active yeast 7 grams
- Granulated sugar 2 teaspoon
- Milk 70 ml
- Water 50 ml
- Melted unsalted butter 1/2 cup
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Minced chicken 250 grams
- Onion (finely chopped) 1/2 cup
- Tomato (finely chopped)1/2 cup
- Mint leaves 1 cup
- Green chili ( finely chopped) 2 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste 2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil 2 tablespoon
- In a large bowl add dry active yeast ,granulated sugar,salt and mix well.
- Add milk and water and give it a stir until all sugar melts.
- Now add melted butter and mix well.
- Finally add flour and knead the dough.
- Allow the dough to rest for about 2 to 3 hours by covering with wet cloth.
- In an heated pan add oil and then add onions and saute for few minutes.
- Add green chili and mint leaves and saute .
- Then add tomato, ginger garlic paste,garam masala powder,red chili powder, black pepper powder,salt to taste and saute for few more minutes.
- Now add chicken kheema and mix well, allow it to cook on high flame for about 5 minutes with constant stirring.
- Add remaining mint leaves and coriander leaves mix well.
- Set aside and allow it to cool down.
Making Of Puff Pastry:
Divide the dough in to 6 equal sized portions.
With the help of rolling pin roll all the 6 dough balls as thin as possible and set aside.
Now take first rolled layer of dough apply melted over it ,and place next rolled layer of dough over it and again apply butter on top,repeat the same process for all the layers.
Finally apply butter on top layer .
Cut this rolled dough into small pieces.
Assembling the puffs:
Roll the pastry dough very gently .
Cover the filling.
Press the edges with fork.
Grease the grilling pan with butter and put all the puffs over it and apply butter on top of each puff.
Bake in an preheated oven at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until puffs becomes light golden brown in color.
Serve hot with sauce or green chutney .
Enjoy as evening snack or breakfast or as appetizer with your meal.