- Oats Upma:
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time:10 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
- Oats 2 cup
- Water 11/2 cup
- Onion (finely chopped) 1 cup
- Green chili (finely chopped) 3 to 4
- Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad dal 1/2 cup
- Carrot chopped small pieces 1/2 cup
- Green peas 1/2 cup
- Roasted peanuts 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice 2 teaspoon
- Olive oil 2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat oil in an large pan ,add mustard seeds allow it to crackle.
- Then add onion and saute for few minutes ,and then add urad dal and fry till light golden brown.
- Now add green chili , turmeric powder,roasted peanut, carrot,green peas mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Add water ,then salt and bring it to boil.
- Now add oats mix well cook covered for few minutes.
- Take out the lid sprinkle lemon juice and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve hot with low fat yogurt or pickle.