Hakka noodles are popular Indo-Chinese dish of stir fried vegetables , noodles and sauce. It is on of the popular street food. Today i am sharing my version of street or restaurant style Hakka noodles. Indo-Chinese Hakka Noodles are a perfect balance of crunch, relish, and goodness. Easy to make, these scrumptious stir-fry noodles tossed in delectable sauces and loads of vegetables make an awesome weeknight dinner.
Vegetable Hakka noodles is an awesome-looking dish, using colorful vegetables that offset against the pale white noodles. Chopping your veggies long and fine enhances the taste, texture, and appearance of the noodles.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time:15 minutes
- Noodles 1 packet
- Green capsicum (thinly sliced ) 1 cup
- Yellow bell peppers (thinly sliced ) 1 cup
- Red bell peppers (thinly sliced ) 1 cup
- Cooked and shredded boneless chicken 1 cup (optional)
- Green chilies (slit them in the middle) 4-6
- Onion (thinly sliced ) 1 cup
- Carrot (thinly sliced ) 1 cup
- Soya sauce 2 teaspoons
- vinegar 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil 3-4 tablespoons
- In a large pot bring 8 cups of water to boil. Add noodles cook them according to the instructions on the package. Pour the noodles into a large colander and drain out the water. Run cold water over it so the noodles don’t overcook. Once all the water is drained out, transfer the noodles in to a bowl and add room temperature water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large wide wok .
- Add sliced onion and green chilies and sauté on high flame for few seconds then add all the sliced veggies , shredded chicken and mix it well and sauté for few minutes .
- Now add soya sauce , vinegar , black pepper powder and salt to taste mix it well.
- Finally add noodles toss the noodles with all the veggies , chicken and sauce , if you are not good at tossing you can mix the noodles with two spoons or forks till they get mixed well.
- Garnish with green spring onions or finely chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot and enjoy.