- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time:20 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
Upma has to be very soft and should just melt in your mouth. If you don’t make it properly, it will dry up and make it so hard to swallow. But you don’t have to worry about it , today i will show you quick easy way of making healthy and delicious vegetable Upma.
- Rava (Suji) 11/2 cup
- Onion (finely chopped) 1/2 cup
- Tomato (finely chopped) 1/2 cup
- Carrots (finely chopped) 1/2 cup
- Green peas/ Matar (fresh/frozen) 1/2 cup
- Green chili (Finely chopped) 4 to 6
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil 3 tablespoon
- Coriander/cilantro leaves ((finely chopped) 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Roast the rava/suji by adding some oil till light brown and set aside.
- Heat oil in large pan , then add mustard seeds allow them to crackle.
- Add chopped onion and saute for few seconds, then add carrots and green peas, green chili mix well and saute for 2 -3 minutes.
- Then add turmeric powder and salt to taste, mix well and add around 2 -1/2 cup of water and bring in to boil.
- Once the water start boiling , slow down the flame and add roasted rava /suji with one hand and keep on mixing the mixer with other hand to avoid the lumps.
- Mix well, and cook covered on low flame until its done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, and sprinkle some lemon juice mix well.
- Serve hot with yogurt.
- Enjoy your breakfast.