- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time:20 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
Vegetable pulao is comfort one pot meal, when we don’t have to elaborate cooking or you have to cook food on short notice in a quick time the vegetable pulao is best option.Here is my version of vegetable pulao with simple ingredients.
- Basmati rice 500 grams
- Onion (thinly sliced ) 2 cup
- Tomato (finely chopped) 2 cup
- Mint leaves 1 cup
- Vegetables (potato, cauliflower,green peas,beans) 1 cup each
- Garlic cloves 1/4 cup
- Ginger chopped 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves 1 cup
- Green chili 8 to 10
- Red chili powder 2 tablespoon
- Dhaniya powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Curd 1 cup
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoon
- Cooking oil 4 tablespoon
- Ghee 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Soak the rice in water for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime make a fine paste of ginger,garlic,coriander, green chili(5 to 6) and set aside.
- Now add oil and ghee in a large heated pan.
- Then add sliced onion and saute till onion is translucent.
- Now add mint leaves and remainig green chili and saute.
- Now add paste of (ginger,garlic,coriander,and green chili) and mix well.
- Then add red chili powder ,turmeric powder,dhaniya powder, garam masala powder salt to taste and saute for few minutes.
- Add tomato and mix well, allow it to cook till tomatoes becomes soft.
- Add all the vegetables give it a stir and cook covered for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now add curd lemon juice mix well.
- Finally add 4 to 5 cups of water or as per required amount to cook the rice and allow to boil.
- Strain out all the water from soaked rice and set aside.
- Now add rice to boiling water and cook until its done.
- Serve hot with raita and papad.