- Preparation Time:30minutes
- Cooking Time:40 to 50 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
Biryani is based on basmati rice and goat meat/chicken/vegetables and eggs along with so many exotic spices,yogurt, and lemon. Biryani can be eaten with Mirchi ka Salan, raita, tomato chutney ,papad.
- Basmati rice 500 grams
- Vegetables (Potato,cauliflower,green peas,beans,soya chunks) all together 500 grams
- Onion (thinly sliced) 1 1/2 cup
- Tomato (finely chopped) 1 1/2 cup
- Ginger (peeled and cut into pieces) 1/4th cup
- Garlic cloves (peeled) 1/4th cup
- Whole green chili 5 to 8
- Mint leaves 1 cup
- Kasuri methi 1/2 cup
- Garam masala powder 2 teaspoon
- Masala mirchi / red chili powder 2 tablespoon
- Curd 1 cup
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoon
- Ghee 2 tablespoon
- Whole garam masala (tez pata,kali mirch,lovang,dalchini)
- Food color
- Cooking oil 4 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
Cooking rice for biryani:
- Wash the rice few times and soak for about 30 to 40 minutes, and drain the water.
- Add 8 to 10 cups of water in a large pot add salt and whole garam masala, bring it to boil.
- When water comes to boil add salt and garam masala drained rice.
- Cook until rice is 60% done (rice should be firm grainy and you must feel the bite into the grain when you bite it drain it off and set aside.
Vegetable biryani gravy:
- While the rice cook in the meantime heat oil in an frying pan and fry onion till golden brown by adding salt.
- In the meantime make fine paste of ginger garlic,coriander and green chili paste and set aside.
- Then take out some fried onions for garnishing and set aside.
- Now add mint leaves and saute for few minutes.
- Then add fine paste (ginger,garlic,coriander,green chili) and saute for few minutes.
- Add tomato garam masala powder ,masala mirchi, turmeric powder and kasuri methi mix well.
- Now add lemon juice curd and mix well.
- Cook covered for few minutes and set aside.
- Spread gravy in an thick-bottomed pan , followed by cooked rice on top, sprinkle fried onion kasuri methi and mint leaves.
- Again spread gravy followed by remaining amount of rice.
- Layering should be done in a such a way that the first layer is gravy and last layer should be rice.
- On top layer sprinkle food color (mix food color with lemon juice), pour some ghee,fried onion ,kasuri methi and mint leaves.
- Cover the biryani pot and seal it with dough.
- Place this biryani pot on heated tawa or pan and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes on low flame .
- Serve hot with raita,tomato chutney ,mirchi ka salan and papad.