- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time:10 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin A, vitamin E and beta carotene. They also have decent source of vitamin C, potassium, calcium and folate. It is one of the high calorie starch food. Most kids will refuse to eat plain boiled sweet potato but if you give sweet potato kheer or prepare cutlets with sweet potato, they will ask you for more. It is a great kid friendly snack and can be whipped up in just 15-20 minutes. It is quite filling and keeps hunger at bay. Today we will learn how to make sweet potato cutlet/tikki following this quick and easy steps .
- Sweet potato (boiled and smashed) 4 medium sized
- Onion (finely chopped) 1 cup
- Bread crumb 2 cups
- Corn starch 1/4th cup
- Green chili (finely chopped) 6 to 8
- Red chili powder 2 teaspoon
- Amchur powder 2 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder 2 teaspoon
- Crushed ginger 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) 1 cup
- Chat masala 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow fry.
- Take smashed sweet potato in a large mixing bowl then add 1 cup bread crumb, corn starch, green chili,red chili powder,black pepper powder,amchur powder,chat masala, crushed ginger,chopped onion and salt to taste, mix well.
- Make round shape cutlets, dip these cutlets into bread crumb and set aside.
- Shallow fry cutlets till golden brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney and tomato sauce.