- Preparation Time: 2 hours
- Cooking Time:20 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
Soya bean is also known as textured soy protein , soy meat, or soya chunks is a defatted soy flour product. It is often used as a meat analogue or meat extender. It is quick to cook, with a protein content far greater than that which comes from meat . Soya is low in fat with zero cholesterol and is an excellent source of fiber which makes it easy to digest. I will show you easy way of making tasty and spicy soya bean sabji.
- Soya bean chunks – 3 cups (soaked and squeezed)
- Green peas (frozen or fresh)1/2 cup
- Onion (thin sliced) 2 cups
- Tomatoes (finely chopped) 2 cups
- Ginger and green chili paste 2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric 1/2 teaspoon
- Kashmiri red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Cooking oil 2 tablespoon
- Finely chopped coriander leaves 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste.
- Heat the oil in non sticky pan. Add cumin seeds and when they begin to crackle,add the onion and saute till
- Add garam masala powder, coriander powder , ginger and chili paste ,turmeric powder and saute for few minutes.
- Now add red chili powder finely chopped tomatoes and saute add some water and cook covered until tomatoes are become soft.
- Add green peas and mix well cook covered for about 5 to 6 minutes or util peas are tender.
- Now add soaked and squeezed soya bean chunks mix well and cook covered for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Finally add finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve hot with chapati.
- Enjoy with your family and friends
Suggestions and comments are welcome.