- Preparation Time: 8 to 10 hours
- Cooking Time:20 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
Dosa usually made with rice which is full of carbohydrates. Today i will show you a healthy version of dosa made with quinoa as main ingredient,along with oats and mixed lentil.Quinoa grain seed are originally a south american ingredient and not so commonly known or available in India.Since Quinoa is not an Indian crop, I am not sure it has an Indian (or a Hindi)name.The high-protein dried fruits and seeds of this plant, used as a food and ground into flour.Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain all nine essential amino acids. It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B-vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.This dosa is really healthy with full of essential nutrients ,for kids and elders,even people with diabetics can eat these dosa as many as they want.
- Quinoa 2 cups
- Urad dal 1/2 cup
- Mung dal 1/2 cup
- Masoor dal 1/2 cup
- Oats 1/2 cup
- Ginger green chili paste 2 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds 2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil for making dosa
- Soak quinoa, oats and all lentil in water for about 4 to 8 hours.
- Grind soaked quinoa,oats,and lentil by adding , ginger and green chili paste,cumin seeds,salt to taste and water to fine paste.
- Pour the batter to large bowl and allow to ferment for about 8 hours in warm place.
- After 8 hours use the batter for making dosa or refrigerate the batter for future use.
- Heat the pan ,apply oil with onion.
- Pour the batter in the center of pan with small bowl and spread it in circular motion to make round dosa.
- Allow to cook till golden brown .
- Flip and cook on other side ,flip again apply butter ,and dosa is ready.
- Served hot with coconut and tomato chutney.
- Enjoy guilt free healthy dosa with family and friends.