- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time:30 to 40 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
Mutton masala is most most popular dish of Hyderabad, mutton masala can be cook with equal quantity of mutton pieces and sliced onion (1:1 ratio),whole garam masala,tomato puree,yogurt,red chili powder and exotic spices .Mutton pieces can be cook covered for longer time until all the mutton pieces are tender and soft with occasional stirring, that gives a massaledar taste to mutton.
- Mutton ( cut into small pieces) 400 gram
- Onion sliced (thinly sliced ) 3 medium sized
- Black peppers 4 to 6
- Clove 4 to 6
- Cinnamon stick 1 small
- Cardamom 2 to 4
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tablespoon
- Garam masala powder 2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Tomato puree large sized 2
- Green chili 3 to 4
- Ginger sliced 1 inch
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil 3 tablespoon
- Coriander 1/2 cup
- Mint leaves 1/2 cup
- Heat oil in pan add black peppers, cloves,cardamom pods , and cinnamon.
- Add sliced onion and saute for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add mutton pieces ,turmeric powder and mix well, allow to cook covered on medium flame for about 20 minutes with occasional stirring.
- Add ginger garlic paste, green chili,sliced ginger,salt to taste mix well and cook covered for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Now add red chili powder , half of garam masala powder, and saute.
- Then add tomato puree mix well cook covered for 10 minutes with occasional stirring, add water if needed.
- Add yogurt, lime juice, remaining garam masala powder ,mint leaves mix well.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes more and serve hot.
- Eat mutton masala with naan or chapati or masala rice.