- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time:25 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
The restaurant style malai kofta can be made with paneer , potato , khoya/ milk powder balls deep fried in oil and dipped in rich creamy onion and tomato based gravy with exotic spices and malai or cream.
Ingredients For Kofta:
- Grated/smashed Paneer 100 grams
- Boiled peeled and smashed Potato 2 medium sized
- Kashmiri red chili powder 1 teapoon
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Milk powder 2 teaspoon/almond flour 2 teaspoon/khoya 2 teaspoon
- Corn starch/corn flour 1 tablespoon
- Oil for deep frying
Ingredients For Gravy:
- Onion paste ( thinly sliced , fried till golden brown and make fine paste) 1/2 cup
- Tomato puree 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 2 teaspoon
- Almond powder 1/4 cup
- Milk powder 2 teaspoon (mixed with water) or cream
- Kasuri methi 1 teaspoon
- Honey 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil 3 tablespoon
- Fresh coriander leaves 1/2 cup
Procedure Making Kofta:
- In a large mixing bowl mix all the ingredients mentioned in kofta ingredients (except oil) .
- Make desired shape medium sized kofta, fry them in medium hot oil until golden brown.
- Set aside.
Procedure Making Gravy:
- Add oil in heated sausage pan.
- Add onion paste and saute for few minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw aroma of the paste goes away.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Then add tomato puree mix well and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add almond powder (you can also add cashew-nut powder) for creamy texture and mix well, simmer till the gravy begins to thicken.
- Add crushed kasuri methi and salt to taste.
- Add 2 cups of water mix well and simmer for few more minutes.
- Add honey/ sugar it removes the tangi taste of tomato.
- Now add milk powder and water mixture or you can also add cream, simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Add koftas in gravy if serving immediately or you can also add gravy first in serving plate/bowl and then place the koftas.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with naan/roti.