- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time:20 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
Kachori is spicy snack from India, Pakistan and other parts of south Asia. Kachori is supposed to have originated in Uttarpradesh or Rajathan. In these states it is usually a round flattened ball made of fine flour filled with a stuffing of baked mixture of yellow moong dal or Urad Dal (crushed and washed horse beans), besan (crushed and washed gram flour) with , green chili,dhaniya powder, saunf powder ,red chili powder,sugar ,salt and some lemon juice. I will show you moong dal kachori.
Ingredients For Dough:
- All purpose flour 2 cups
- Ghee 4 tablespoon
- Soda bicarbonate 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
Ingredients For Filling:
- Moong dal (soaked for 2 to 3 hours and drained) 1/2 cup
- Ghee 2 tablespoon
- Ginger (crushed) 1 teaspoon
- Dhaniya powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Saunf powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Green chili ( finley chopped) 2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 2 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) 1 cup
- Granulated sugar 2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying kachori
Procedure For Dough:
- In a large bowl combine flour ,soda bicarbonate,salt.Add ghee and mix well.
- Knead a stiff dough using required amount of water.
- Cover with wet muslin cloth and set aside for 25 to 30 minutes.
Procedure For Filling:
- Grind moong dal into coarse paste (dardra paste) and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan.
- Add moong dal paste ,green chili,dhaniya powder, cumin powder, saunf powder, mix well .
- Cook on medium heat with constant stirring until all moisture is dried up.
- Now add sugar salt lemon juice and coriander leaves mix well.
- Remove from heat ,transfer to bowl /plate and cool to room temperature.
Procedure For Making kachori:
- Divide the dough in to equal portions and shape them in to peda’s.
- Roll out into the small puri’s.
- Place the portion of the filling in the centre and bring the edges together to form a ball.
- Flattened slightly with hands to make kachoris and set aside.
- Heat sufficeint oil in a kadai and deep fry kachori’s on low flame until golden and crisp.
- Drain out on the absorbent paper.
- Serve hot.