- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time:20 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
Hara bhara kebab is made with potato,spinach, green peas and some spices.It is served as evening snack with cup of tea or coffee , or as side dish with your meal.You can also used as veg patty for making burgers.
- Potato (boiled smashed) 1 cup
- Spinach (medium size) 1 bunch
- Green peas 1 cup
- Coriander leaves 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 2 teaspoon
- Green chili (chopped/whole) 2 to 3
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Amchur powder 1 teaspoon
- Corn starch 2 teaspoon (replaced by bread crumb) optional
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil 3 tablespoon
- Blanch the spinach in hot water for about 2 minutes, then transfer to ice cold water and let it cool down for few minutes.
- Drain out the blanched spinach through a strainer and let it be in strainer for 10 to 15 minutes, so that all the water drained out.
- After convenient time squeeze the spinach gently with hands to remove more water and set aside.
- Heat oil in an pan add ginger garlic paste and saute for few minutes.
- Add green chili ,and green peas mix well, and cook covered until green peas are done.
- Then add garam masala,amchur powder,and salt to taste mix well ,cook for few more minutes and set aside.
- Blend the green pea mixture, spinach,and coriander leaves to paste and set aside.
- In a large bowl add smashed potatoes,blended mixture, besan and mix well.
- If the mixture is too sticky then add corn starch or bread crumb mix well,kebab mixture is ready.
- Now make round shape kebabs and set aside.
- Add oil to heated frying pan and shallow fry kebabs on both sides till golden brown.
- transfer to absorbent paper to remove excess of oil.
- Serve hot with sauce or chutney.
- Enjoy as evening snack with cup of tea or as side dish with your meal.