Now a days every wants to eat healthy food.Oat meal is the best food with loads of fibers and packed with essential nutrients and minerals required for human body.Oat meal is considered as high ranking in healthy food because of its nutritional value , high fiber and less carbohydrate .Here are some quick ,easy ,healthy and delicious recipes of oat meal.
- Oats (soak in 1/3 cup of water and squeezed) 1 cup
- Poha (soak in water for few minutes and squeezed) 1/2 cup
- Onion (finely chopped)1/4th cup
- Green chili 3 to 4
- Peanut powder 2 teaspoon
- Roasted whole peanuts 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves 4 to 5
- Mustard seeds
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Green peas 1/4th cup
- Carrot (finely chopped) 1/4th cup
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil 2 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat the oil in an heavy bottom pan ,add mustard seeds allow it to crackle.
- Add onion green chili , curry leaves and saute for few minutes.
- Now add green peas and carrots saute for few more minutes.
- Add roasted whole peanuts and turmeric powder ,salt to taste mix well.
- Now add poha and oats give it a mix.
- Finally add peanut powder lemon juice and coriander leaves mix well.
- Serve hot with low fat yogurt.
Oat meal almonds and fruit smoothie:
- Oats 1 cup
- Sliced almonds 1/3 cup
- Grape fruit (zest and pith removed)1/2 cup
- Raspberries 1 1/4 cup
- Oranges 2 juice squeezed
- Chilled water 1 cup
- Put the oats and almonds in a blender and blend until fine powder .
- Add grape fruit, raspberries,orange juice and water.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass and serve immediately.
Oats and fruits kheer:
- Oats 1/2 cup
- Almond/soya milk 1/2 cup
- Strawberry (diced)1/4 cup
- Apple (diced) 1/4 cup
- Pineapple (cut into small pieces)1/4 cup
- Honey 2 teaspoon
- Flax seed 2 teaspoon
- Chia seeds (soaked over night) 2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder a pinch for garnishing
- Blue berries for garnishing
- Boil the milk in an pan .
- Add oats,flax seeds mix well and cook util oats are done.
- Add apple, strawberry pineapple mix well cook for few more minutes.
- Now add chai seeds ,honey give it a stir.
- Serve hot by garnishing with cinnamon powder and some blueberries.
Oats and Moong dal dosa:
- Whole moong (powdered) 1 cup
- Oats (roated and powdered) 1 cup
- Onion ( finely chopped) 1/4 cup
- Black pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chili 4 to 6
- Soda bicarbonate 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Required amount of water to make batter
- Oil for greasing the pan
- In a large mixing bowl mix all the dry ingredients( powdered whole moong, powdered oats,salt and soda bicarbonate) mix well.
- Now add green chili, black pepper powder onion,coriander leaves mix well.
- Add required amount of water to make batter mix well.
- Heat the dosa pan ,grease it with oil,with a bowl, pour batter in the center of the pan and in a circular motion spread it going outwards till all the batter has spread.
- Allow it to cook on the bottom side on medium flame.
- When there are no wet-spots on the top side, sprinkle a few drops of oil and allow it to cook.
- Once the bottom side is done, this will take only about 2-3 minutes, loosen the edges of the dosa and fold it .
- Take it off the tawa and serve hot with coconut or peanut chutney or sauce.