- Preparation Time: 30 t0 40 minutes
- Cooking Time:20 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
Dhokla is a vegetarian food item originated from Gujarat.It is made with fermented batter with chili, pepper, coriander ,baking soda and baking powder. Usually the batter is fermented for about 4 to 5 hours, but i will show you how to make instant dhokla with simple and easily available ingredients.
Ingredients for dhokla:
- Gram flour ( besan) 2 cups
- Curd 1 cup
- Water 1 cup
- Ginger and green chili paste 2 tablespoon
- Granulated sugar 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
Ingredients for tadka:
- Cooking oil 2 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar 3 tablespoon
- Green chili 5 to 6
- Coriander finely chopped 1 cup
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Water 1 cup
- In a large bowl add gram flour, curd,ginger and green chili paste ,turmeric powder mix well,make batter by adding 1 cup of water and set aside for about 1 to 2 hours.
- After convenient time now add baking soda and baking powder in the batter and mix well until the volume of batter mixture double.
- Transfer the batter to a greased round or square pan.
- Steam this pan about 20 to 25 minutes or tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool down for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut into pieces and set aside.
- In the meantime add oil in a heated pan then add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Add 1 cup of water and allow it to boil, once water starts boiling add sugar green chili and half of coriander leaves and allow it to boil for about 10 minutes.
- Finally add lemon juice mix well and allow it to cool down.
- Season this mixture over the dhokla pieces and serve with deep fried green chilies and coriander chutney.