- Preparation Time: 5 to 6 hours
- Cooking Time:15 minutes
- Servings: 2 people
Farmers love black–eyed beans, because they return nutrients, particularly nitrogen, to the soil. The other benefits include improving digestion, preventing anemia, lowering blood pressure, increasing folate intake, and promoting skin and eye health.These black eyed beans are rich in potassium, a mineral that helps keep your blood pressure levels at healthy numbers and lowers your risk of heart disease.One of the main health benefits of black-eyed peas is their high fiber content.Fiber is a nutrient that helps regulate your digestive system and also helps keep your cholesterol levels healthy by preventing cholesterol from being absorbed into your bloodstream.
- Black eyed beans (Soaked over night) 1 cup
- Onion (finely chopped) 1 cup
- Tomato (finely chopped) 1 cup
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cooking oil 3 tablespoon
- Fresh coriander leaves (finely chopped) 1/2 cup for garnishing
- Salt to taste.
- Heat the oil in an pan add mustard seeds allow it to crackle, then add cumin seeds allow it to crackle.
- Then add finely chopped onion and fry till golden brown in color.
- Now add ginger garlic paste,coriander powder,and garam masala powder mix well.
- Then add tomatoes ,red chili powder,turmeric powder,salt to taste mix well, and cook covered on low flame until tomatoes become soft.
- Add little water if the mixture is too dry and mix well.
- Finely add soaked black eyed beans mix well ,cook covered until black eyed beans are tender.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Eat with chapati or plane rice and dal.